Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ahhh. Saturday / Ugh. Saturday

I'm always torn about Saturday. Here I am after the first week of school. I'm tired and overstimulated. On the one hand, I want to sit here and vegetate, watch TV, blog, take a nap, finish a book. Absolutely nothing productive. I'm thinking: no make-up, pajama pants, and a pillow on the couch.

On the other hand, Saturday is the one day that I have to get things done, run errands. I find myself waking up with the "to-do" list in my head.
* go grocery shopping
* laundry laundry laundry
* lesson plans
* make posters for the classroom
* the floors look pretty nasty
* the dog is dirty again
* the car smells of sour milk and stale goldfish
and the list goes on. Voila--a snowball in the dead of summer.

So, what will it be? Hmmmmm. I think I'll sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment