Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Does anyone else feel like they're playing chicken with the automatic doors at Target?

So, I was walking out of Target today, toward the automatic doors and these are the thoughts that ran through my head:

Ok, this is an automatic door, right?  Because I'm just too tired to actually push the doors open myself...but there are push bars on those doors.  There weren't push bars on the other doors.  They were obviously automatic--there was no other way to open them.  No, these doors are automatic....but why aren't they opening?  Shouldn't they be opening by now?  Just a little?  I mean, I'm on the mat, shouldn't something be happening?  Don't reach out to push them open, people are watching.  Don't do it!  Keep your arm down and walk forward with confidence.  Like Darth Vadar--yeah, like Darth Vadar right through the automatic doors.  Hear the Imperial March and walk through the doors...ok, maybe slow your walk a little to give them time to think about it.  Definitely do not stand there and look around like an idiot.  Ok, last minute--it's now or never!  Open, doors.  OPEN!

Of course, the doors opened and I walked through.  There were a few seconds, though, when I wasn't so sure that the doors were going to open, and I wondered to myself:  Does anyone else ever feel like they're playing chicken with the automatic doors at Target?

No comments:

Post a Comment