Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Miss TV



Next week is premier week!  Dancing with the stars, Glee, Castle!  I can't wait.  I never thought I'd say this, but I really do miss TV.  Since last season ended there's this feeling of...it's disgusting to say so, but...emptiness after 7:00.  D is usually in bed by then playing with that yacking, singing, honking, chirping apple.  When I finally plop down on the couch with the remote in my hand I want to get excited about something.  I want to feel the rush of searching the DVR for something to watch while I wait to get far enough behind in the current recordings so that I can just fast forward through the commercials.  And then there's that one magical night of the week when all the stars align to form the perfect line-up.  Last season it was Monday.  There just wasn't enough DVR to go around on Monday nights.  24 was recording on one station.  Big Bang and How I Met Your Mother on another station.  And behind it all, Dancing with the Stars.  We actually had to watch Big Bang with commercials so that the DVR in the living room could record two things at once.  Hey, it's the lesser of two evils.  If you've got to watch something with commercials, at least its only 30 minutes long.  I wonder which night of the week it'll be this season.  On that one special night, the night with the perfect line-up, we go all out.  We hit Sonic, Canes, or--if it's been a particularly hard day--Chili's and we veg out in front of the TV.

Seriously, people.  I used to make fun of people like me.  I used to scoff at crazies who programmed their VCR's.  Little did I know that I was just too lazy to mess with the VCR or I'd have been glued to the set, too.  With the simplicity of the DVR I've finally had to come to terms with my true self.  I'm a couch potato, and I like it.  I enjoy it!  I LONG FOR IT!  If only Top Chef weren't ending just as the fun begins!  If only every season of Project Runway could star Christian Soriano!  If only Castle was run and rerun in syndication until you'd seen every episode at least three times in the course of a month!  I'm so excited I can hardly wait!

In honor of the new season of TV that is upon us, here' something just for fun.  Click here for a list of the Top 10 Television Theme Songs of the 80's complete with video of the intro sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment