Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Blast From the Past

For the past few weeks I've been reading the diary of Sarah Morgan, a girl who lived through the civil war in Baton Rouge and wrote down all that she experienced during that time.  It's really cool to read about real people and real places through a young girl's eyes.  The introduction said that before she died she sat down and read them all (there were six volumes), editing and expanding on her memories.  Her original intent had been to destroy them, but her son convinced her that they were too important to burn.  Now her diary is considered one of the best sources for civil war history buffs.  

I started wondering about things I've written along the way and how I would feel reading them now.  I kept another blog back in 205 and 2006, but I figured it was long gone, deleted.  But it's still out there.  I wanted to merge it with this account, but couldn't because the old email address is gone.  So, I've added it to my links section.  Check it out if you want to.  If you're one of my old Blogger friends, you can also link to your old blogs from the Sarah's Soapbox page, in case your looking.  Reading Sarah Morgan's diary has made me think about how we all have a history to report.  I really enjoyed looking back and reading my own.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment