Saturday, October 9, 2010

Panty-Waist Football

I'm gonna start another twitter account:  @$%! My Dad Says About Les Miles.  Dad can't stand Les Miles.  And after tonight's game, neither can I.  Yes, I'm one of those unreasonably disgruntled Tiger Fans, mad because our coach isn't winning the way I want him to.  Anyway, watching the game with Dad is always a hoot.  The running topic tonight was Miles' preference for Jefferson over Lee and the fact that he only seems to want to run the ball.  Tonight was full of classics, but my favorite was "I think it's against his religion to score a touchdown by passing the ball."

Look, I'm just a little ole girl, but it just seems that with LSU's defense and a Lee-led offense, they could turn themselves into serious contenders.  Jefferson just doesn't impress me.  Lee passes better, moves the ball faster, and just gets it done.  And it seems that his successful drives end in touchdowns, while Jefferson's end in field goals.  I mean, I'm no Michelle Beadle, but that's just what I think.

And when did all football players become panty-waists?  It seems like every time you turn around there's some mamby pamby penalty for something like pass interference.  DUDE?  Why don't we just stand back and clap while they catch the ball.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm no idiot.  My hubby has explained the logistical problems.  The game would get pretty boring if the receivers were down as soon as the ball was snapped.  For the sake of making the game more interesting, I've decided that maybe we can leave that one alone...but it still seems like, "Hey, that big, bad winebacker pushed me down before I could catch the bawl in the inzone fow a touchdown."  (Sniff sniff)  As for the rest of it:

Holding?  For it.
Roughing the Passer?  For it.
Clipping?  For it.
Personal Foul?  For it.
Face Mask?  For it.
Unnecessary Roughness?  For it.
Tripping?  For it.
Eye Poking?  For it.
Clotheslining?  For it.
Givin'em the business?  For it.

No more Panty-Waist Football.

Addendum:  #$@! My Dad Says About tonight's Football Coverage:  We almost missed a play because they cut to one of the announcers cutting a pizza, then they cut away from coverage again to the guy eating the pizza.  Dad got frustrated because they seemed to have the camera on everything but the game.  When they cut back to the two commentators talking about the pizza, Dad said, "Why can't we just watch the game?  Why don't y'all do a cooking show!?"

Addendum to the Addendum:  Jefferson just passed the ball in the 4th quarter of the Florida game and actually completed the pass.  In his shock dad shouted, "Well, whaddaya know!  The blind hog found an acern."  (acorn)

No comments:

Post a Comment